Summation of The Story Home’s Copyright and Trademark
(Legal version below)
The stories, artwork, entire Website with content, and the audio on this Website are protected by copyright law and all rights are reserved, however we permit the following:
You are ALLOWED to download any story audio file, copy it for your own non-commercial, personal enjoyment which may include sharing it with your family and friends, provided that you do NOT edit its content in anyway, including the removal of the copyright credits (Stories author and Storytellers name) and any mention of The Story Home, www.thestoryhome.com at the beginning and the end of the podcast.
The Story Home Website and all its Content is the copyrighted property of Sharon Rogan and Alan Scofield (Purple Button Media dba The Story Home). All rights are reserved.
Whereas: The Story Home Website (www.thestoryhome.com) will be here in referred to as (“Website”).
- Trademarks & Copyright: Copyright in the contents of this Website (including without limitation all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, written and other materials that appear on this Website and HTML and other code) is protected by its Owners. The modification, copying or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material in any form is prohibited except that you may download audio MP3s for your non-commercial and personal use only. Re-distribution of all or any part of the Website including all stories is not permitted. All rights are reserved.
- Links: There may be links that make it easier for you to connect to third party sites or that will let you access this Website from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of said Owners and said Owners are not responsible for the contents, messages and information of any linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by The Story Home Website or its Owners in favor of such site or the products or services or content, messages and information contained in any linked site. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the provider of the outside service or resource. The Story Home and its Owners, at all times, reserves the irrevocable right to rescind consent to any link to this Website.
- This Website enables listeners to download audio files on to their personal computers, MP3 players and other personal devices. All audio downloads published and broadcast by this Website are for personal use only and any infringement of copyright law is subject to legal action.
- Users are responsible for complying with all applicable federal and state laws applicable to such content, including copyright laws.
- Unauthorized copying, distribution, modification, public display, or public performance of copyrighted works is an infringement of the copyright holders’ rights. As a condition to your using our Website, you agree that you will not use our service to infringe intellectual property rights in any way. We will take legal measures against those who infringe copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, published on our Website.In addition; we reserve rights to block use of our service permanently upon any single infringement of these rights, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
- Send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the Website. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent the use of them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from its Owners.
- In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited.
- Transmit to or from this Website any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory or pornographic material or other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Website, system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization from its Owners.
- Interfere with the proper functioning of the Website including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, and “mail bombing” or “crashing”.
- Send unsolicited e-mail of promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail.
- Frame the contents of any part of the Website within any materials not originated by its Owners. You agree to indemnify us against all claims, demands, actions, expenses, losses, damages and costs (including but not limited to reasonable legal costs and disbursements) arising from or incurred as a result of breach of these prohibited uses and for breach of our copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
- Termination: This Agreement is effective until terminated by either you or its Owners. You may terminate this Agreement and cease any and all use of the Website at any time. The Website’s Owners may also terminate this Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Website, if in the Owners sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement by either you or the Websites Owners, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded from this Website, as well as copies of such materials, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
- Severance & Waiver: If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Third Party Rights: Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer on any third party (whether referred to in this Agreement by name, class, description or otherwise) any benefit or any right to enforce any provision of this Agreement or any agreement entered into in connection with it.
- Governing Law: Any claim relating to, and the use of, this Website and the materials contained herein is governed by the law of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdictions of the courts sitting in such state.
- WEBSITE CONTENT; DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE OWNERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, CONTENT, MESSAGES, INFORMATION, MATERIAL OR GRAPHICS ON THIS WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE OWNERS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, LIABILITIES, TERMS OR CONDITIONS (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ARISE IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE OWNERS, OR THEIR EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS AND AGENTS) IN CONNECTION WITH THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RELATING TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, CONFORMITY WITH DESCRIPTION, CARE AND SKILL OR COMPLIANCE WITH REPRESENTATIONS).
- The Website and their Owners do not warrant that the functions contained in this Website or its content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or its server are free of viruses or other harmful components. If you are aware of any error on this Website please contact us and we will try to correct it. Please note that the information, materials and graphics available on this Website may be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. The information, materials and graphics available on this Website may be subject to change without notice.
- The only individually-identifiable participant information the Website currently collects are names and e-mail addresses, which are volunteered by customers wishing to participate in the public message boards or who email us with comments.
- The Website and its Owners will not disclose individual participant information to any third parties without the participant’s permission. However, any users who wish to participate in the public message boards are required to provide a valid e-mail address as a condition of participation, which may be publicly viewable along with any and all of their postings. A customer may opt out at any time, and have their identification, e-mail address, and posts removed by e-mailing to email@example.com with 72 hours notice.